It’s here – another extension pack to the Developing Writers resource! If you are unfamiliar with my Developing Writers resource then, in short, it is a guide and yearly tool that sets up writing in your space in an engaging and fun way. It is designed to be flexible, differentiated and accommodates the different writing needs in a class (there can always be a big range of abilities in the one grade!).
Once the Developing Writers resource is set up in your space there are 10 fundamental skills that kids will be guided through and will have lots of practice on. These include:
- Pre-writing skills
- Stretching out sentences
I have made a pack for each of these 10 skills where you will find an abundance of resources such as hands-on literacy centre activities, printables, displays, daily practice pages, resources to pass on to parents for extra support and much more.
In this pack, the Sentence Pack, there are over 200 pages worth of resources to help teach little ones how to write sentences.
You will find interactive, hands-on and differentiated activities to help kids learn how to start writing sentences. They will learn important sentences features such as:
- capital letters
- full stops
- spaces between words
- writing sentences with meaning
This pack has a variety of literacy centre activities, student resources to use in all writing sessions, printables, one-on-one conferencing resources and whole class resources and daily practice pages for kids to complete throughout the day.
Inside the pack you will find:
- basic self-editing pencils
- jumbled words to form a sentence
- ‘Follow the sentence’ practice strips
- ‘Trace the capital letter and full stop’ practice strips
- ‘Trace the sentence’ practice strips
- ‘Trace the sentence and have a go yourself’ practice strips
- ‘Fill in the capital letter and full stop’ practice strips
- ‘Trace the sentence and fill in the full stop’ practice strips
- ‘Write sentences from left to right’ strips
- Finger spacing student resource
- ‘Trace, cut and build sentence’ printable pages
- ‘Trace, build and write sentence’ printable pages
- ‘Trace, write and color the words’ printable pages
- 30 daily practice pages to reinforce learning
I hope you find this pack useful! Make sure to check out the Developing Writers Mega Bundle if you would like a years worth of writing resources at your finger tips.